Friday, February 24, 2006

On 8/17/99, babydog further writes...

You can imagine my surprise when I was in our local library about 6 mos. ago browsing through their CD collection --- had just started to listen to reggae seriously -- mostly Jimmy Cliff and Desmond Dekker --- never really liked Bob Marley or Peter Tosh --- I was just picking out reggae CD's and saw "Tell The Truth" --- brought it home --- and was just listening and heard "Stone Ranger" --- almost fell off the couch ----then I read the liner notes and said ---"Too Much" ---- Bird Bellony huh? That kind of started me on my quest to find out more about RC and every time I played the CD again I got more and more into it. Really loved "Stone Ranger " -- of course ---and Barking Dogs and especially "Hotel California" the absolute best cover of that song I've ever heard. Then after a while I realized what a unique "sound" this was and how the whole CD was absolutely wonderful --- So RC's really turned me on to reggae. Really like UB40 too , but RC's are the best --- in my opinion ----new CD is better and better each time I hear it --- and there is no mistaking Bird's guitar for anyone else. Can't wait until I can see you guys in concert. I hesitate to ask this but if you have a publicity photo of Bird or the group together It would take an honored place on my wall. Growing up -- in the 60's Bob Dylan was my hero so ---"Like A Rolling Stone" was a great song to have covered by my favorite group.

Continued good luck on the tour ----------

All The Best , Elliot